: EnglishShort Description
: This detailed Certified Event Planning Specialists program is specially designed to equip you with all the skills you need to excel in the event planning industry. From learning how to coordinate with other organizations to managing everything on your own, this program is going to help develop crucial skills that will play a huge role in your success.
An event planning specialist can expect to cater to various businesses in almost any industry, ranging from weddings to corporate events and concerts and even events for the local community.
The program focuses on the following core aspects of event planning:
• Understanding the principles that go into leadership for event planning.
• Identifying the steps needed for proper planning of an event budget.
• Handling and solving critical problems as well as on-the-job decision-making skills.
• Identifying key vendors and establishing a healthy work relationship with them.
• Discovering venues and learning negation skills to securing it.
• Marketing different events effectively.
• Identifying any legal considerations when creating contracts for events.
• Learning how to start an even planning business on your own and more.
With the help of this program, you will be able to learn how to become an event planning specialist in any industry. Form organizing an event for corporate social responsibility to planning a wedding, this course will help you out in every way.Instructor Description
: This class supported by an Educational Mentor. Educational mentors have worked or are working in the subject they mentor. Educational Mentors review student work, student progress, and interact with students as needed. They respond to any questions or concerns you might have, as well as encouraging and motivating you to succeed.Certification
: The Event Planning Specialist Certification (CEPS) exam from the National Career Certification Board (NCCB) prepares individuals for a rewarding career as an Event Planning Professional. One of the best ways to distinguish yourself in the Event Planning industry is to pursue a national certification from NCCB.
Certified Event Planning Specialists (CEPS) are responsible for coordinating every last detail of an event; regardless of the size of the event. He or she arranges everything for an event to include; venue, menu selection, entertainment, decorations and everything in between. As more companies learn the value of professionally organized events, there is an increasing need for formal training in event planning.
Each state may have additional licensing requirements, be sure to research your states requirements for employment by visiting your states occupation board.
• Broadband or high-speed internet access is required. Broadband includes DSL, cable, and wireless connections.
• Windows hardware configurations and processors are acceptable
• Mac computers MUST have Microsoft Window Operating Systems over Bootcamp (Bootcamp is a free download from Apple''s website)
• 1 GB RAM minimum recommended
• Operating Systems
-Windows XP, Vista or 7 and Mac OS X 10 or higher with Windows
• Google Chrome is the best browser for this course
• Cookies MUST be enabled
• Pop-ups MUST be allowed (Pop-up Blocker disabled)
• Kindle Reader App
• Adobe PDF Reader
• Media Plug-ins (These may be required depending on your course media.)
• Adobe Flash Player
• Adobe Acrobat Reader, Apple Quicktime, Windows Media Player, &/or Real Player
• PowerPoint Viewer
The following textbooks will be provided to each student upon registration:
• Special Events: A New Generation and the Next Frontier by Joe Goldblatt
• Freelancer’s Guide to Corporate Event Design by Troy Halsey
• Start Your Own Event Planning Business by Entrepreneur Press
• Entrepreneurship: Starting and Operating a Small Business by Steve Mariotti & Caroline Glackin